Monday, June 11, 2007

People Change

I have learned throughout the years that people change. They change either to better themselves or not. As people grow they tend to look at things a little differently, due to the fact that we as a race are always growing, always finding a new way, always looking for the right answer.
When I was a kid in school I grew up learning the ABC's of reading, writing, and arithmetic. Our kids have grown up knowing the ABC's of computers, and stuff I can't even begin to imagine. However, as smart as our kids are now, they still make the same stupid mistakes we did when we were kids.
Is it our jobs to keep them from making those same stupid mistakes? To some extent I say yes, because if we let our kids make some of the mistakes we made, they too will learn from them and change.
As they grow older their changes will reflect on the decisions they make. We should trust those changes. We should embrace those changes.
I have changed!!
Where there was much anger is now peace.
Where there was distrust is now trust.
Where there was faithlessness is now faith.
Where there was hatred is now forgiveness and love.
Where there was sadness and depression is now quiet and life.
If I can change, then so too can others, and I for one want to give them the benefit of doubt that they deserve.

No comments: